Fight identity theft by monitoring and reviewing your credit report.
You may request your free credit report online, by phone or through the mail.
Order your free credit report once per year:
- Go to annualcreditreport.com
- Call: 1-877-322-8228
- Or complete the Annual Credit Report Request Form (website above) and mail to: Annual Credit Report REquest Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281.
- Do not contact the three nationwide consumer reporting companies individually. They are providing free annual credit reports only through the contacts listed above.
- Only one website is authorized to fill orders for the free annual credit report you are entitled to under law - annualcreditreport.com. Beware of other sites that look and sound similar. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) advises consumers who order their free credit report online to be sure to correctly spell the web address or link to it from the FTC's website to avoid being misdirected to other sites that offer supposedly free reports, but only with the purchase of other products.
Click here for information on Understanding your credit score
To report identity theft to the nationwide consumer reporting companies:
- Equifax: 1-800-525-6285
- Experian: 1-888-397-3742
- TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289
- Federal Trade Commission: 1-877-382-4357