When it comes to saving money, Security National Bank knows how to help and gives you the choice of many attractive savings plans. All your bank deposits are insured up to $250,000 by the FDIC.
Regular Statement Savings Account
This is the most popular savings program that Security National Bank offers. With this option, you are eligible to earn interest on your funds while maintaining the flexibility of withdrawing funds periodically without penalty.
- Minimum opening deposit of $50 is required.
- There is no charge if the daily balance is $200 or more. If the balance falls below $200 on any day during the month, there is a $2.00 maintenance fee (minors are exempt from this fee).
- Up to two monthly withdrawals are allowed at no charge. Three or more withdrawals accrue a $1.00 fee per withdrawal.
- Includes ATM privileges.
Serious On Savings (SOS) Account
If you're looking to earn a higher rate of interest than our Regular Statement Savings Account option, our Serious on Savings (SOS) account may be a great option for you. To qualify for this account, monthly transfers of $25.00 or more must be made from an SNB checking account.
- $1.00 minimum opening deposit is required.
- Monthly transfer of $25.00 or more from an SNB checking account is required. Failure to meet the monthly transfer requirements will result in a $3.99 maintenance fee for each month missed.
- One withdrawal per statement cycle is allowed - $5.99 for each additional withdrawal. (Listed on statement as Total Fees for Service-Chargeable Debits.)
- Includes ATM privileges; however, each ATM withdrawal will result in a $5.99 transaction fee.
Money Market Gold Account
Earn a disclosed annual percentage yield with a minimum $2,500 daily balance by opening a Money Market Gold Account.
- Minimum $2,500 opening deposit is required.
- If your average daily balance* falls below $2,500 during the month, a transaction fee of $7.00 will be applied. Your funds will also earn the current APY being paid on the Regular Statement Savings Accounts for those days your balance is below $2,500.
- ATM privileges are included with this account.
- After six transactions per statement cycle, there will be a $1.00 fee assessed per transaction. (Non-SNB ATM transactions do not count toward the six transaction limit.)
*The average daily balance is calculated by adding the principal in the account for each day of the period and dividing that figure by the number of days in the period.
ATM Card Usage
A $1.50 plus tax charge will be assessed for transactions not completed on a Security 24 ATM. This will be listed on your statement as: Transaction Fee, Non-SNB ATM. This fee will be waived on Money Market Gold Savings accounts if you maintain an average daily balance of $15,000 or more.
Depositors are limited to six transfers and withdrawals (per statement cycle) to another account or to a third party by means of pre-authorized, automatic, or telephonic transfer. This applies to all savings accounts. VISA debit and POS transactions are not permissible on the above listed accounts. We may at any time refuse to accept or limit additional deposits to the account.
CDs & IRAs
Certificates of Deposit
A Security National Bank Certificate of Deposit (CD) is a savings vehicle with a guaranteed interest rate. Choose short-term CDs of one month to one year. If you prefer, you can invest in a longer term CD up to five years. See Current Rates for CD Specials.
Individual Retirement Accounts
A Individual Retirement Account (IRA) is a flexible investment plan which allows individuals to plan for retirement. An individual under the age of 70 for the entire tax year and who has earned income can establish an IRA. An IRA may be invested in a variety of investment vehicles such as Variable Rate IRA, Fixed Rate IRA, Self-Directed IRA, Qualified Annuity, or Fully Managed Individual Retirement Trust Account. Interest rates may vary by term and type of investment.
Rules for determining active participation in an employer maintained retirement plan vary, depending on whether it is a Qualified Retirement Plan, Qualified Annuity Plan, Tax-Sheltered Annuity, Simplified Employee Pension Plan or Government Plan. In general, a person is considered an active participant if they have satisfied the plan's age and service requirements and voluntary or mandatory contributions have been made to their plan. The current employer (or former employer) will inform the employee of their active participation status for the tax year on the Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement.
Contributions to an IRA can be made in a lump sum or made in smaller increments. IRA deposits are insured up to $250,000 when invested in either the Variable or Fixed Rate IRAs. A 3-year rate watcher option available.
IRAs give you flexibility to set up an investment to meet individual needs. The deposits are safe, you choose the desired rate according to market outlook, and you have the opportunity to trade to a higher rate if the market improves.